Regin smiður - une danse ballade
A ’music video’ on chain dancing from 12th century France. The dance was once popular all over Western Europe but has survived only in the Faroe Islands where it still is a part of live tradition.
Director: Katrin Ottarsdóttir. Photographer: Ian Thomkins. Production: Barok Film. 2003.
Regin smiður is part of:
Moving North - 10 Short Dance Films
Moving North is the result of a unique Nordic project - Nordic Dance for Camera. It aims to combine the talents of Nordic choreographers and film makers to create diverese, innovative, moving shorts. The results is a series of dance films creating their own world; an atmosphere and mood far from a stage, exploring movement and space through the camera's viewfinder rather than a proscenium arch. This selection of nordic short dance films presents a wide variety of visual manifestations within the genre.
Films on Moving North:
- Burst | Dir: Reinir Lyngdal | Chor. Katrin Hall | Iceland | 5 min.
- To the house | Dir. Dag Johan Haugerud, Kajsa Næss | Chor: Un-Margritt Nordseth | Norway | 5 min.
- Portrait | Dir: Saara Cantell | Chor: Paula Tuovinen | Finland | 5 min.
- Thursday | Dir./Chor. Minna Krook, Lisa Spets | Sweeden | 5 min.
- Urge | Dir./Chor Ulrik Wivel | Denmark | 5 min.
- The Radio Ballet | Dir: Per-Ivar Jensen | Chor: Indra Lorentzen | Norway | 5 min.
- Rewind | Dir. Mårten Nilsson | Chor. Gunilla Heilborn | Sweden | 5 min.
- Regin Smidur - une danse ballade | Dir. Katrin Ottarsdóttir | Denmark | 5 min.
- Vertebra | Dir. Milla Moilanen | Chor. Alpo Aaltokoski | Finland | 5 min.
- While the Cat's Away | Dir./chor. Helena Jónsdottir, Unnur Ösp Stéfansdottir | Iceland | 5 min.
Concept and Project Managers: Magne Antonsen and Vibeke Vogel
© 2007 Hugin Eide | Design by Andreas Viklund